GLUTEN FREE WAFFLES
*Makes approximately 10 waffles*
1/2 cup melted butter
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
2/3 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat waffle iron or pancake griddle
- Place melted butter and honey in a large bowl. Whisk until combined. Stir in vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking until completely incorporated and slightly frothy. Whisk in almond or coconut milk.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and whisk until fully incorporated. This should look like a thick batter. Nearly pourable, but not quite.
- Using a ladle or ice cream scooper, place one scoop of batter onto each square. Close waffle maker top and cook until done. Remove immediately and serve.