Gluten Free Asian Turkey Meatballs with Sesame Lime Dipping Sauce:
Makes about 10 meatballs
- 1/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1-1/4 lbs (20 ounces) lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon low sodium gluten free soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Lime Dipping Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons low sodium gluten free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 chopped fresh scallion
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Mix ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, salt, scallions, ginger, cilantro, 1 tbsp soy sauce, and 2 tsp oil and mix with your hands until combined well. Shape 1/4 cup meat mixture into a ball and transfer to a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining mixture. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- For the dipping sauce mix together lime juice, water, soy sauce, and remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in a bowl. Add scallions.
- Transfer meatballs to a serving dish. Stir sauce, then drizzle meatballs with 1 tablespoon sauce.
- Serve meatballs with remaining sauce, about 1 tbsp per person. You probably won’t use all the dipping sauce.